OK, so we don't have a physical Games Room, but we do have several non bowling social clubs within the County Arts Club. Click on the club calendar to keep track of what's on and when...or scan the notice boards inside the club....both in the foyer and in the bar area.
Here's a selection of what we do:
- Cards twice a week in the evenings, including whist and cribbage.
- Poker (Texas Holdem) once a month. Maximum stake is £7.50 so you can't lose your home!
- Fun Casino Nights on odd dates through the winter.
- Pool Table and Slot Machine in our fully stocked Licensed Bar.
- Line Dancing ..a fun evening to raise money for our supported charities.
- Annual outing to Thursford to see the Christmas Spectacular.
- Coach trips to various theatrical shows, both local and in London.
- Annual trip to Newmarket Races on one of their family charity days. We usually meet early and the coaches stop en-route for us to have a Full English Breakfast. On returning to the club, we have fish and chips with musical entertainment.
- Occasional trip to Great Yarmouth Greyhound Racing.
- The Maggots Fishing Club meets most Tuesdays at various carp fisheries within a half-hour drive of the County Arts club. Although no prizes are awarded, we do have a weigh-in at the end of each match.
- At Christmas we get vocal with a mixed-voice choir. We hold our own carol concert within the club, raising funds for our supported charities. We also visit local homes for the elderly, where we entertain with our Christmas repertoire.
- We have a very active Camera Club where members learn more about photography. Once a month we have a themed competition for the best photograph and entries are displayed for the whole club to view.